Where Do I find a decent stretch of Road to drive my Car in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai

We see a lot of Car and Bike Launches and all you folks at CNB catch the latest launch and review them on your show. However considering the amount of Road Tax, Hefty Registration fee etc that one pays to buy the car, where does all this money actually go. The basic need of any vehicle is a decent stretch of road where one can drive without breaking your vehicle due to bad potholes, bad / un-leveled road. Not only do bad roads break the car and the occupants they also are the primary reason for traffic congestion, increasing noise and pollution levels and more importantly increase in the fuel consumption. Our Toll plazas in Mumbai are very reason for causing all the traffic snarls and pollution. Despite collecting Crores of rupees in Toll we still lack the basic requirement of smooth and quality roads. I would like you to cover and highlight the requirement of a good road and also show why do some tar / bitumen roads never need maintenance (Palm Beach Road - Navi Mumbai) while others don’t even last a year (Sion - Panvel Highway).

My Sincere request to you is to cover the topic of why a good road is necessary, what does it take to build a decent road in terms of technology and lastly how much of savings will it incur in terms of saving fuel, time and lives of people.