Respected Sir, I am RahulKapoor (age 28yrs) from Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh. I wish to buy a new car through CSD in early May 2016. This will be my first car and I do not have any prior driving experience apart from learning(?) in a drivi

@SVP Respected Sir, I am RahulKapoor (age 28yrs) from Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh. I wish to buy a new car through CSD in early May 2016. This will be my first car and I do not have any prior driving experience apart from learning(?) in a driving school. The car will also be driven by my father aged 60 yrs. The roads in Shimla interior are congested, rough, kuccha rasta and on very steep hills. I wish to seek your advice keeping in mind these parameters:- 1. I am sure that I’ll go for a petrol car and I won’t be buying a second vehicle for at least next 3 yrs. 2. Even though my budget is Rs 6 lakhs approx but I am open to buying even an entry level car like alto k10 etc . 3. I’d first shortlisted swift vxi and elite i20 but considering the fact that me and my dad both will be driving our first car so I am bit confused now. 4. of late I’ve been thinking about buying either alto k10 or wagonr but I am doubtful whether Wagonr will be in the market 5 yrs from today. And if not then whether it’ll have any impact on its service/spare parts. 5. I’ll be keeping the car with me for at least 5 yrs and if it serves well then may be even up to 10 yrs. 6. Toyota, VW, Fiat, Ford etc don’t stand a chance cuz they are rarely used in interiors and there service / spare parts are difficult to find in those areas. So Maruti and Hyundai cars are preferred but if there is any other option please do suggest. 7. My height is 5’11" and my dad’s height is 5’3". I am more concerned about my dad as the car should be easy to handle for him so that he can be more confident while driving. Also he won’t be driving at a speed more than 60kms. 8. Though the highways are somewhat okay but our link roads are rough, non metalled and congested so please suggest a car which drives well in city traffic as well as on rough roads and sometimes steep hilly area. Any further advice / guidance is much appreciated. Regards.

Question asked from: http://www.carandbike.com/