Hi SVP, I am looking for an automatic car for my wife who is currently driving Swift Zxi. She has to drive around 30km one way and between 1.5 to 2.5 hours of drive one way daily. Besides the traffic in Bangalore gets extremely chaotic with some c

@SVP Hi SVP, I am looking for an automatic car for my wife who is currently driving Swift Zxi. She has to drive around 30km one way and between 1.5 to 2.5 hours of drive one way daily. Besides the traffic in Bangalore gets extremely chaotic with some completely broken tarmac and narrow by lanes with several speed breakers and especially on rainy days the unsuspecting large potholes can be a nightmare. So often she has to take multiple alternate routes and off roading at times. Therefore I am looking at buying an automatic variant that is easiest to drive. I was contemplating on many variants for various reasons like Polo GT TSI, Ford Figo Aspire for its power, Ford Ecosport AT for its ruggedness and ground clearance, Grand i10, Micra AT, Wagon R AT for their compactness. I would have considered Aventura, Thar, Ghurkha or Gypsy if they had automatic My core requirements are Powerful Automatic so it is easiest to drive in city traffic and least tiring on the foot and mind Should have very good visibility that helps navigate through traffic Very Compact size to squeeze into city traffic Rugged with good ground clearance so it can take large pot holes and speed breakers without scraping the belly. Besides no bullying by bigger vehicles Other requirements nice to have requirements would be as below but not necessarily deciding factors Reliable, Good interiors, Feature rich, Under 10-15L Polo GT is powerful but can scrape the bottom on broken tarmacs, speed breakers and undulating alternate roads of Bangalore Ford ecosport AT may do a great job of power, compactness and automatic, but I feel a bit bigger for her when she chooses narrow roads which require very fine cut turns and driver seat visibility I am not sure if it is good for a 5.4 ft tall person Grand i10 and Wangon R are pretty compact to squeeze into narrow roads but they are a bit puny and can get bullied and sometimes not powerful enough to pull out of ditches An SUV may not be an option as it will be too big to negotiate the traffic, to park in confined spaces and negotiate the very narrow bylanes Just to give the perspective on the selection would be to imagine a lady having to drive for over 2.5 hours of bumper to bumper traffic on a rainy day with waterlogging at many places and having to detour into alternate slushy muddy offroads that are very narrow and to squeeze through a traffic like in Delhi’s chandini chowk with the least effort possible so as to take care of the kid back home. …Kindly advice which would be a good powerful, compact, rugged, automatic option please

Question asked from: http://www.carandbike.com/