Hi, Presently i have a 200NS and planning to upgrade to a bike which would be used on daily basis for office travel and on weekend for touring, covering a distance 500km, and i short listed two bikes benelli tnt 300 and yamaha R3. The plan is to g

@SVP Hi, Presently i have a 200NS and planning to upgrade to a bike which would be used on daily basis for office travel and on weekend for touring, covering a distance 500km, and i short listed two bikes benelli tnt 300 and yamaha R3. The plan is to go for sports bike unlike duke390 fire cracker power but something more with ease. Which has power underneath when needed and should worth the money and maintence and good service. Since both have upright seating position, so i have no problem with both. I like benelli for the sound and yahama for the 42bhp. Kindly suggest which would be the best.

I think I like the appeal of the TNT 300 and the precision of the Yamaha. If its an emotional decision you’re looking then go with the Benelli, But if you want no nonsense perfromance of a higher calibre then the R3 is the obvious choice.
SVP
@sidpatankar
#cnbshow

Thanks Siddharth. What would have been ur choice if given the choice between the two bikes and why?

There is a typo error, in a month i cover up 5000km intead of 500km.

Thanks,

Hmmm thats a tough call. The TNT 300 will be more comfortable on such long rides, but the Yamaha will serve you better given the abuse of 5000 kms a month. Thats a LOT of riding dude!
SVP
@sidpatankar
#cnbshow

Ya even i feel the same. On a daily basis on weekday i travell 20km up and dwn from office to home in blr traffic. on weekend to find peace and to get away from network, my gang end up covering 700-800km on weekends but slowly am coming down on the addiction hahahah. So the bike shud be able handle all kind of scenario. And 200NS has been a really good buddy till now. She is getting old now. Her maintenence cost is also increasing.

So u think my desire will be fulfilled by yamaha R3?

Hi Sidhartha,

Yes the R3 is a great bet. The bike tends to get a bit warm on very hot days, but you will find its fairly versatile and not aggressively sporty which is nice! The NS is also a great bike and if you;ve been happy with it then you could consider waiting for the CS 400 that’s expected around Diwali.
SVP
@sidpatankar