Hi My question is about deciding on which car to buy in a budget of about 9.0 -9.25 lac rupees on road price. I have shortlisted 3 of my choices given below. 1) i20 diesel sportz model- Good on pick up n handling, stylish but not that spacious. Av

@SVP Hi My question is about deciding on which car to buy in a budget of about 9.0 -9.25 lac rupees on road price. I have shortlisted 3 of my choices given below. 1) i20 diesel sportz model- Good on pick up n handling, stylish but not that spacious. Avg in city is expected around 16-18 kmper litre.Seems over over priced, high service n maitainance cost being Hyundai. 2) Ciaz SHVS diesel VDI plus - On road price 9.16 lacs. Good on avg, spacious, sedan type. Doubt on the pick up n steering.Is it a underpowered car.Will it suit the bumper to bumper daily drive of 70kms per day.Also is the SHVS suitable for daily delhi gurgaon traffic and over all. 3) Baleno Diesel- Pick up, Expected avg, styling all upto the mark. But not that spacious. While driving the car, it felt feather light, may be because of the low kerb weight.But it didnot give a safe feeling inside the cabin on high speed of above 80kms/hr and i have also have heard the same kind of reviews in the market as well. It may not be a good choice in the event of a crash.Also i have been driving a dezire diesel of last five years. Therefore m not that inclined towards this car and also the waiting period of 4-5 months makes it the least preferred option. Please advice on the above analysis.You can suggest any other suitable option as well. Regards Deepak

Question asked from: http://www.carandbike.com/

Well the i20 would be my choice. Why? It meets most of your requirements, is decently well built and safe, and also has compact enough proportins to make city driving convenient. You may want to consider the CVT micra tho - great deal now, wonderful build quality and automatic makes driving more comfy in the city. If you don;t like the Micra, Jazz and Baleno also have CVTs.
SVP