Dear sir I planing to buy a car and to go for Vitara Brezza VDI(O) , mean time several confusions between Ertiga (VDI) and Ecosport (diesel). My average running per month is around 1000kms and I am staying in Bangalore. I am more worried about run

@SVP Dear sir I planing to buy a car and to go for Vitara Brezza VDI(O) , mean time several confusions between Ertiga (VDI) and Ecosport (diesel). My average running per month is around 1000kms and I am staying in Bangalore. I am more worried about running cost, service cost after sales and mileage . I love the Ertiga but some one advised me not go with that as it’s service cost will be more after 40k kms run and pickup will come down. Please advise me any one of the three or any other car which you like . your valuable advise highly appreciated.

Question asked from: http://www.carandbike.com/maruti-suzuki-cars/ertiga

Between the cars you have shortlisted, I would highly recommend the Ford ecosport. Ford India has worked hard and honestly it’s the best car in it’s class at the moment. Spares and running costs are commensurate with the industry standards. Another very good option if you can stretch your budget is the Hyundai creta. Both the ecosport and the creta come with the option of an automatic transmission which is again very useful in a congested city like Bangalore. Another suggestion is to seriously consider the petrol variant of these cars. Not only are they about a lakh less than the equivalent diesel options but the mileage is also similar and being a petrol the maintenance and running costs are much less. Moreover , at 1000 km / month which you mentioned is your average usage, the increased cost of buying and maintaining a diesel car will not be offset by the price difference between petrol and Diesel.