Dear Sir, Greetings. I'm Girish N. S. and I hails from Cochin. I need an expert advice for the selection of a new car. Currently I own a 2009 model Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI 7 speed DSG. I had some problems with the gearbox. The mechatronics got replac

@SVP Dear Sir, Greetings. I’m Girish N. S. and I hails from Cochin. I need an expert advice for the selection of a new car. Currently I own a 2009 model Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI 7 speed DSG. I had some problems with the gearbox. The mechatronics got replaced in the warranty period. Still having some hiccups say the Drive mode fails to appear after starting the vehicle from idle. I searched about the VW DSG gearbox problems, and found that the 7 speed DSG gearbox is having a dry type clutch and the problems were with the mechatronics and the transmission fluid. So they switched from synthetic oil to mineral oil. I want to know whether this issue is still present in the new models. Is there any problem with their 6 speed DSG TDi model? Because I simply love the new Skoda Superb. It’s stunning design, feature packed cabin combined with the VFM factor is drawing me again even though I’m having issues with my current Superb. Another contradictory factor is that, I heard that the on road price for the New Superb at Cochin will be about 38 lakhs for the 2.0 TDi L&K. So I’m a bit confused between the Superb and the yet to launch Audi A4. Even though Audi is sharing the same 7 speed DSG gearbox and is less roomy than the Superb, the interior of the New Audi A4 is quite impressive. So I need an expert advice from your side on the below points. 1. Is the problem with the DSG gearbox solved by Skoda? 2. Is the 6 speed TDi version is more reliable than he 7 speed TSi version? 2. When will be the launch of the New Audi A4? 3. What is your opinion? Skoda Superb r Audi A4? Waiting for your expert opinion.

Question asked from: http://www.carandbike.com/