Dear Siddharth, I am in the market for an automatic C-segment petrol sedan. My usage will be primarily city driving (about 100 km a week) with the occasional outstation trip, so therefore petrol and not diesel. I have shortlisted the Honda City CV

@SVP Dear Siddharth, I am in the market for an automatic C-segment petrol sedan. My usage will be primarily city driving (about 100 km a week) with the occasional outstation trip, so therefore petrol and not diesel. I have shortlisted the Honda City CVT and the Volkswagen Vento. Which is the better technology- the former’s CVT or the latter’s DCT? Which is the better overall car? Finally, is there any other car I should be looking at within a budget of around 14 lacs? I have ruled out the Ciaz AT and Hyundai Verna with their smaller engines and older AT transmissions. A related question as well - if I do go for the City, the CVT is offered in SV and VX models. Apart from a few frills like sunroof, alloy wheels, leather seats and electrically foldable mirrors, all of which I can live without, the VX offers paddle shifters, while the SV offers no way to change gears manually at all. I think this option is very important, but I would like to know your opinion on its utility. Do you think this justifies the extra 2 lacs I would be paying? I know value for money is subjective, but what I am really asking is whether I am right in thinking that the lack of a way to change gears manually in a CVT would be a huge compromise to my driving pleasure? I have enjoyed watching both your shows for a while now, and would greatly appreciate your guidance on this. Many thanks, Rajiv

Question asked from: http://www.carandbike.com/