Confused - Upgrade or Start-over

Hi guys. I currently own a 2014 RTR 180 (non-ABS) for 3 years and counting.
I travel around 20 - 30 kms daily for office commute through bike in rush traffic.
Of late, there is too much vibration, rattling, low pickup & lesser mileage.
I am looking for an new bike with refined engine, excellent build quality, reliability.
My range is between 150cc to 250cc segment and budget around 2.5 lakhs.
My usage would be daily office commute and weekend short solo rides.
I am considering 2017 Duke 390 and Himalayan also (I don’t prefer Classic nor Thunderbird).
Any suggestion (or) word of wisdom?

Hi Ananth,

The 2017 KTM 390 Duke is an excellent choice, it’s not the best commuter but definitely will offer you lot more power on longer rides. If you are looking at something more easy on road, would also recommend looking at the KTM 250 Duke. It carries the same styling as the 390 and misses a few features, but is a lot more manageable with respect to day-to-day riding.

The Royal Enfield Himalayan is a good buy, but is a lot more utility oriented over the KTM Duke range.

All the best with your purchase.

Regards -
Sameer Contractor

Your thought on GST for 350cc plus motorcycles. Will the price of those be affected? By margin or significantly?
And since Duke 390 has ABS, will mostly go with it; unless Himalayan comes up with that too.

You will find the Duke to be more refined though over long durations the engine does heat up a bit. Also keep in mind that neither bike has the comfort of a commuter for daily riding.
SVP