I'm thinking to buy a car for my family. My idea is to buy a strong hybrid rather than electric (keeping in mind of infrastructure provided by government for electric recharge stations) as we use for long commutes sometimes 200km, 2 to 3 times i

I’m thinking to buy a car for my family. My idea is to buy a strong hybrid rather than electric (keeping in mind of infrastructure provided by government for electric recharge stations) as we use for long commutes sometimes 200km, 2 to 3 times in a month. Is that the right choice? If hybrid is a better option then, what is the option to use: strong hybrid, mild and plug in hybrid for Indian roads? As in my mind, strong hybrid is highly convenient for long ranges and economy saver but not sure about the maintenance. Your opinion is absolutely helpful. Thanks for your time. Budget: 12-14L Car type: SUV, Sedan, MUV, sub-SUV

There are no hybrid SUV cars currently on offer in the budget you want and a body type too. If you want a hybrid SUV car for family use then go for MG Hector as the Hector has an option of a mild hybrid system. Stretch your budget if you can if you need a hybrid otherwise you can opt for a compact diesel SUV for fuel efficiency within your range like Hyundai Creta diesel or Kia Seltos diesel.