Good Evening Siddharth sir. I want to buy royal Enfield Classic 350 BS 6 model. I plan to use it in the city and also for visiting my rubber plantation which is 55 kilometres (one way itself and back) away from the city (Trivandrum) where I live

Good Evening Siddharth sir. I want to buy royal Enfield Classic 350 BS 6 model. I plan to use it in the city and also for visiting my rubber plantation which is 55 kilometres (one way itself and back) away from the city (Trivandrum) where I live. I like stealth black colour. Currently I use hero honda cd-dawn 2009 model. What is your opinion about BS 6 classic 350 ? Is it reliable bike ? So many people say negative opinions about classic 350.

Since you have shortlisted the RE Classic 350 BS6, it should serve you well. Both for riding within the city, as well as for the 55 km run around. Yes, there are some negativity around Royal Enfield’s engines, especially the single-cylinder ones, like the 350 cc one you have chosen. In today’s times, it’s not what we’d call an extremely modern and refined engine, and there are vibrations. As long as you’re ok with riding below 80 kmph, it shouldn’t be much of a worry. The negatives are only felt when you compare the RE Classic 350 to other modern machines in the same price bracket. But then, there’s no comparison to the brand, and aura of a Royal Enfield, if that is what has attracted you in the first place. Just for a better informed opinion, you may want to take a test ride of the Jawa and the Benelli Imperiale 400, and then decide on which one will suit you best. After all, the decision has to be taken by you, Hope this helps.